Jorge Tadeo Lozano University is a private university whose main campus is located in Bogotá, Colombia, with satellite campuses in Cartagena, Santa Marta and Chía. Established in 1954, the institution was named after the botanist, scientist and politician Jorge Tadeo Lozano.
Universidad Jorge Tadeo Lozano
|Established||February 5, 1954|
|Principal||Cecilia Maria Velez|
Carrera 4 No. 22 - 61,
|Colors||Blue and White|
|Nickname||Utadeo, "La Tadeo"|
|Affiliations||Universia,Asociación Colombiana de Universidades|
The University was founded by Joaquín Molano Campuzano, Javier Pulgar Vidal and Jaime Forero Valdes at a time of great political commotion in Colombia. Their aim was to create an environment of peaceful engagement in an academic setting, based on the scientific and altruistic principles that characterized the Royal Botanical Expedition to New Granada of which Jorge Tadeo Lozano was a member, in a team of scientists led by Jose Celestino Mutis .
Among the notable architecture features of the school are an auditorium, a fine art gallery, a postgraduate studies building and a public square designed by Colombian architect Daniel Bermúdez.
The University also broadcasts cultural activities and content on Bogotá's FM radio via HJUT 106.9 FM, with Classical Music, Opera, Jazz and Rock programming.
- Miguel Gómez - photographer, visual artist, graduated from the Advertising school
- Lina Marulanda - fashion model and television personality, graduated from the Advertising school
- Nadín Ospina - sculptor, graduated from the Fine Art school
- Doris Salcedo - visual artist, sculptor, graduated from the Fine Art school
- Fernando Tamayo Tamayo – economist, politician, graduated from the Economic Studies school
- Carlos Vives – musician, singer, graduated from the Advertising school
- This list was truncated from 6 items.
Location in BogotáEdit
The University is part of a network of downtown Bogotá universities and educational institutions as University of Los Andes and Universidad Central. Their architectural efforts have renewed this area of the city in particular.
- Official website (in Spanish)
|This Colombian university, college, or tertiary institution related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|